this post was inspired by my beautiful dog partner, Negra :D she's my partner whenever we have modeling gigs for Hobbes and Landes. i'll be meeting her tomorrow yeeey! :D
this was my very first meeting wth Negra :D that's her owner, the kind Miss Willa :D
- i lived my life surrounded by cats. but not just ordinary household cats, the cats i grew up with were hardcore street cats, or as i call them in my language, “PUSAKAL” (which comes from Pusa (cat)+Kalye (street) lol). they actually quite affectionate if you get to know their sweet spots. ofcourse, i did have several scratches here and there but i like to think that’s their way of showing affection. Street Cats are such hardcore cats. i like that type best.
- my very first official pet was quite normal. it was a female dog named Apple. i grew up with her, she was quite old. i lost her when she was caught by the pound. (it’s all because of her affairs with that black dog from the other street. pfft :| malanding aso!)
- my second pet was a fish. A BLUE FIGHTING FISH. it’s a type of fish that cannot be contained with other fishes (he’ll beat them up, i swear D:). they have to live separately/individually in their own bowl. i loved that fish, but being the responsible little kid i was, i forgot to feed him for three days. he was already silver when i saw him floating on his bowl.
- my third pet was a dove. YES. A FREAKING WHITE DOVE that i caught at my Aunt’s wedding when i was in 2nd grade. i named him Chester, (it’s what Arnold in Hey Arnold! named his pet pigeon lol) even though i had no idea if he was male or female. i had to set him free though, because doves aren’t meant to be contained in cages.
- after that i didn’t have any pets for a while. i had a new pet years later when i was already in my first year highschool. it was a green caterpillar. i forgot what i named that little critter, but that caterpillar opened my eyes to life and transformation. he turned into a cocoon before my very eyes, and from that cocoon, it emerged as a very beautiful yellow and black butterfly.
- my next pet came in my third year in highschool. it was a FREAKING TINY FROG. i named that frog Procopio. i loved that frog so much. i never viewed him as disgusting or vile, even though the mere sight of frogs is enough to make me curse all amphibians and beyond. like Chester, i also had to let him go. i mean, he needed to reproduce, right?!
- then the last and most recent pet i had were my two lovely gray bunnies, Emily and Homer. i named them after the main characters of my most favorite tragic necrophilia love story, A Rose for Emily. they were very sickly when i got them, so it didn’t take long before they passed away. i cried so much when they did. it was one of my greatest heartbreak, losing two bunnies you’ve loved so much.
i realized that even though i never really was an animal lover, i could quite say that have lived a very colorful life with different types of animals. i want to have a pet cat again, but my mom won’t allow me :<